Friday, May 09, 2008

KAREN ANDERSON


Karen at the beach

"The eyes are not responsible when the mind does the seeing." Publilius Syrus

My niece Karen and her husband have been raising a son with a rare cancer called VHL. I've written about him so often it seemed fitting to give him his own page: ALEX ANDERSON

Hard as it is to believe, less than a year ago Karen was diagnosed with a different but equally rare cancer, Ocular Melanoma. April 16, 2008 doctors removed Karen's right eye.

Her story is really something. So here's her own page too.

I See Courage Karen's First Diagnosis and Surgery

Pray for Karen Please Karen's Enucleation Surgery (Removal of the Eye)

Update on Karen Post-Op Stories

Eye Catching Views of Karen The Coolest Eye Patches Ever

Happy and HEALTHY Birthday, Karen Karen's Post-Op Birthday, 2008, We Hope Cancer Free


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My new 15 minutes of fame. YAY!! I had always hoped my stellar vocals, captivating writing skills or general intoxicating personality would win me my next 15 minutes, but alas, life doesn't always come as we planned. So maybe I'll never get to sing with The Grateful Dead, Bruce Springsteen or Carly Simon (I'm still hoping, though). I have other gifts to bring to this world and a legacy unmatched by anyone; my children. So I'll keep on Truckin, in Anticipation, cause baby I was Born to Run!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home